Are you a Good Leader?
In the recruiting world, leadership is essential to maintain lasting relationships and to train new hires. I asked our recruiters what they considered the number one quality of a great leader. Here are some of their responses:
- “Be a Problem Solver” A good leader should look at problems and find the solutions. make sure they look at problems and find the solutions. Instead of focusing on the problem, good leaders focus on the solutions and how to fix it for the future. Strong leaders always look to the future and what can be improved.
- “Lead by Example” Leaders should hold everyone to the same standard. A leader should hold themselves to a higher standard. They need to make sure everything they say and do is on the next level to help motivate and elevate their team.
- “Listening and communication”Leaders must take the time to listen and communicate with each other and their teammates. Communication is a key fundamental in life. Everyone should be able to express what they like, what they don’t like, what is being done well and what needs to be improved upon. Listening goes hand in hand with communication. A good leader needs to listen to their teammates and colleagues. This shows compassion, understanding and engagement.
- “Empathy”Good leaders need to be able to put themselves in other people’s shoes. Having empathy allows a leader to help their employees and colleagues. It is always helpful to look at the world through another person’s point of view. This allows leaders to understand what is going on and how they can be supportive/help.
- “Vision”Leaders must have a vision. They must know where they would like to go and be able to paint that vision in their employees’ minds. Knowing the vision of the company and their team allows motivation and success to be limitless.